23 September 2008

high school dream

i am back at austin prep. i am returning for a visit, but somehow have to go to class. everyone is gathered in the cafeteria and i am late somehow. they are beginning to file out, but its been years and i don't remember where my table was, who i sat with, or where my stuff is. i fight past the crowd and avoid being spotted by one of the teachers. i scour the cafeteria and finally find the jock table and remember that i sat there for a time. eric anderson is there, marc griffin, others. i find my stuff: a baseball equipment bag, identical to marc's with my name written in black marker. i dig through, but my uniform is not in the bag, and i think it must be in my locker. my old green mizuno batting gloves are in there and a small mesh bag with keys, which i think must be for my locker. the bell rings, and i run down the hall from the cafeteria to the locker room, yelling to someone that i have no idea what class i have right now. i get to the locker room and there are boys and girls in towels. i remember that the school is co-ed now, but i am still surprised that people are changing. the keys i found are numbered, and i find the locker and open it but its not my stuff. everything is written in spanish and i am confused. i look up as mr. moran appraoaches... i explain the situation and go off to roam the halls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Represent.

http://www.people.com/people/quiz/question/0,,20182320_20182313_,00.html