17 October 2008

last light

had such a shit day. work is bananas and home is a mess. went to bed early after eating leftover vietnamese and having a blueberry beer. continued my bizarre oc bedtime ritual.

almost falling asleep when the text messages started. thought the sox were dead to rights, but my mom was telling me different. when they tied the score, hopped out of bed got dressed, and headed to the palace.

maybe i needed a reason to get my strength back, my focus back. maybe i just needed a lift. opened the door just in time to see an inning-ending double play turned by the sox.

the sox went two quick outs in the bottom of the ninth. youk came up and put up a fight with a long at bat, grounded sharply to third. the throw landed in the stands and youk on second. the rays walked bay, and that left it up to drew. he lined a double over into the bullpen and that was that.



the cardiac kids, the kings of comeback, whatever. sounds corny but my back's been against the wall too. need to start fighting back.

No comments: